As the European Parliament elections approach, it is worth pointing out some of the myths that continue to surround the debate about the EU. The cases are taken from the UK, but apply equally throughout the EU. EUROMYTH #1: EU … Continue reading
About John McCormick
John McCormick is Jean Monnet Professor of European Union Politics at the Indianapolis campus of Indiana University in the United States.
About This Site
This is a site designed to encourage discussion about the benefits and advantages of the European Union, and to help students using my textbooks on the EU.
- Some potential good news out of #euro zone? Have to grab whatever little bits we can, since there is so little of it. http://t.co/qtntbtH6QP 24, 2015 from Twitter Web Client
- UK Parliament: UK/EU 'badly misread' Russia re: #Ukraine. How could they miss it? I could have told them months ago. http://t.co/aiYldL9fLi 20, 2015 from Twitter Web Client
- US #democracy at work: Don't like the result of an election? Change the terms of the office held by the winner. http://t.co/zUlOlqd333 19, 2015 from Twitter Web Client
- 42% of Americans still believe God created humans. One reason why I still feel like a foreigner in this land. http://t.co/azxLZUoUe6 #Darwin 12, 2015 from Twitter Web Client
- Churchill 1946: 'there is nothing for which [Russians] have less respect than …weakness, especially military weakness'. #UkraineConflict 12, 2015 from Twitter Web Client