See text of my speech to Jean Monnet conference in Brussels, November 2013, on the role of academics in the debate about Europe, at http://ec.europa.eu/education/events/2013/confjm/mccormik_en.pdf
About John McCormick
John McCormick is Jean Monnet Professor of European Union Politics at the Indianapolis campus of Indiana University in the United States.
About This Site
This is a site designed to encourage discussion about the benefits and advantages of the European Union, and to help students using my textbooks on the EU.
- RT @USNATO: "We clearly face the gravest threat the European security since the end of the Cold War."--@AndersFoghR 06, 2014 from web
- RT @McFaul: If Russian govt. endorses Crimean referendum, will they also allow/endorse similar votes in republics in Russian Federation? 06, 2014 from web
- @LordJPrescott Commission should take them to ECJ, then. Without EU there would likely be more protectionism. 06, 2014 from web in reply to LordJPrescott
- @LordJPrescott @JohnMcCormickEU http://t.co/MhVoWcVtbo p. T69. Was quoting older figs; picture improved; now 56% don't understand EU or DK. 06, 2014 from Tweet Button in reply to LordJPrescott
- @LordJPrescott No. That would go against principles of single market. EU has fairly effective competition policy. 06, 2014 from Tweet Button in reply to LordJPrescott